Thursday, February 22, 2007

Opera Glasses and sore... butts

Last night I went and saw The Magic Flute at the Met. It was long and kind of boring. I know, not a very sparkling or thoughtful criticism, but that's what I got. I was expecting this opulent spectacle (it's a Julie Taymor production) but what I got was something that I thought looked like a David Copperfield stage with some kites thrown in for color. It also made me think of all those little stories that they had in early Final Fantasy or Dragon Warrior games. With the quirky little characters that march around "acting out" the worst storyline you've ever heard. Yea, Magic Flute makes no sense. None.

BUT!!! Tonight I'm going to Fountain- check it out http://www.fountainexhibit.com/ Tomorrow I hope to have some pictures.

Oh, and speaking of- here's a picture of some cranes. I thought I'd post them before we got too far from the Chinese New Year. What? I don't have a drawing of a pig.

No comments: