Monday, May 7, 2007

Holy famous People!!

I'm terribly sorry about my Kentucy Derby picks. Who would have thought I couldn't pick horses?

I'm even more sorry that I forgot to bring my camera to work today. Why? Well, it's the annual Costume Institute Party of the Year. Hooray for gala events on Mondays.

I saw Naomi Campbell and some other Victoria's Secret model, whose name I don't know and google hasn't figured out how to search for faces yet so, I'm still at a loss. I would describe her as tall and also pretty.

I heard Jennifer Hudson was doing a sound test in The American Wing court which is decked out in all these crazy, motley colors and the Great Hall is covered in roses and has a giant birdcage with four live peacocks in it. The plates for the dinner are going for $5000, although that might just be the entrance fee. It's all for a good cause and it's probably tax deductible, but drinks are extra.

It makes the Greek and Roman opening look like a dinner at Denny's. Man, why aren't there Denny's in the city? Also, while I'm talking about old posts, I went to the Cooper Hewitt yesterday with my friend Peyton and you know what? They had that cool Labbit stool on view.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If you missed and Olsen twin photo op...I can't be responsible for my actions.

A. Stedman Hitchcock said...

No Olsens, but I heard from my sources at the "NYtimes" that Scarjo was there.

A. Stedman Hitchcock said...

Also, Cate Blanchett was one of the hosts.

http://www.gothamist.com/2007/05/08/fashion_1.php

Unknown said...

I applaud your use of hip abbreviations, and I also love how you don't hear gossip from inside the museum, you read it in the Times.