Wednesday, April 18, 2007

G&R Reunion Tour!!




So, last night was one of the many opening receptions for the new and improved Greek and Roman wing at the Metropolitan Museum. It was a fancy gala event to start off what looks to be a season filled with over crowded museums and small children putting gum on old things, besides their grandparents.

If you get a chance to go and see the new wing, you should. It's beautiful. Who am I talking to here? Mom? Dad? Does anyone read this thing? Anyways, here are some pictures from the event.

There were all sorts of or-dervs. There was roast beef that I later found out was veal, then someone told me was lamb. There were veal meatballs that were ACTUALLY veal, shrimp, some sort of carrpachio in a martini glass, lots of cheese and then a full bar. My girlfriend was happy with that. She likes the champagne.

The wing officially opens to the public this Friday, but chances are you (or even YOU) know me and could stop by earlier this week if you wanted. Just drop me a line, come meet me for lunch. Or don't. You can always wait to see it with the rest of the masses. Chances are it will be REAL crowded in the coming months. And something about that space makes me think there's going to be more than a few people touching, bumping and possibly knocking over some herculeses.


this is hercules/herackles/me after a bath and lion slaughtering.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

2 things: 1) if you click on the picture of us in front of the stairs, it looks like you have a mustache! and 2) i love champagne

A. Stedman Hitchcock said...

Here I thought it was dark enough that you wouldn't notice.