Monday, April 23, 2007

A Good Laugh

I promise to put more work up here soon, but until then you get something else.

So, my girlfriend got me a subscription to McSweeney's for this past Christmas. If you're ever stuck with something to get a special someone, I think this is a great gift. If they're not pleased with it, transfer it into your own name and then break up with the jerk. They're probably not worth your time and energy.

The great thing about this quarterly is that they give you a heads up when they're about to ship you the journal (I don't generally subscribe to literary quarterlies, does this generally happen?). Which is great! And each journal is different. Last one I got was three separate, little journals magnetically bound into a leather case. So brilliant!!

I got my email today, informing me that my new journal was on its merry way. Which inspired me to read their on-line goodness. I found this-CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS VISITS ST. MARGARET'S SCHOOL FOR YOUNG WOMEN, WHERE HE DISCOVERS LITTLE GIRLS AREN'T FUNNY, EITHER. It made me think of you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, yes I love this article, but mostly because it reminds me of this: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=irule

Unknown said...

Glad you're enjoying mcsweeney's. the best one i ever got came with its own soundtrack. all original songs by they might be giants. you were to listen to the CD while reading to enhance the experience. if you can get your hands on that issue, i think you'd enjoy it.