Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hot Fuzz=Best Action Movie of All Time.

I would've come up with some snappy movie critic-esque title for this post, but that's just not my groove, man. Lay off.

So, last night I went to a free screening of Hot Fuzz. Two words- Best Movieever!!!! It has all the key ingredients of a great cop movie: shooting two guns while flying through the air, shooting a gun while driving a car, and uh... drop kicks to old ladies? It's got mystery, intrigue, ultra-violence and the kind of comedy a guy like me can really understand- slapstick.

It's by the guys who made Shaun of the Dead. So, imagine that with cops and no zombies. Also it has Bill Nighy, but he was in Shaun of the Dead too. Hmmmm, just put that together. Weird.

If you aren't completely satisfied with Hot Fuzz as THE action movie to beat for the summer, well, I guess there's always Transformers and TMNT and Spiderman 3, but definitely NOT Fantastic Four 2. That has stinker reflected all over the Silver Surfer's retarded shiny butt. What you think TMNT is stupid? F you. Those guys raised me and I WILL go see the movie. Maybe tonight. By myself. Drunk.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hot Fuzz was rediculously great. That old lady getting jump-kicked in the face is one of the single greatest movie moments I've ever expereinced. And, I don't know if you did the math, but two (two!) people got impaled on a church steeple. That has to be unprecidented in movie-making!

Decaffinated?