Thursday, April 19, 2007

God, I wish I were British... er, lived in England

I just came across this link on boingboing.com, which is becoming more and more my soul place to read the news, find out about technology and look at ridiculous things. The little entry is about cameras in the UK. If you didn't know, the UK employs cameras all over the place (George Orwell, what?). These new cameras are a step up though. Check it out.

I know some people might see it as an invasion of privacy, but I disagree. God willing they'll load these things onto the NYC subway faster than you can spit (on the floor of the subway). I'd love it if some raspy voice came out of no where with, "Quit cutting your toe nails on the subway!!! Who raised you?" Or what if the eagle-eyed surveillance crone would cry out, "Put your damn head phones on!! No one wants to listen to the soundtrack to your PSP!!"

Aside from the obvious littering, there's a whole host of social faux pas-es this thing could clean up. Maybe I'm becoming a disgruntled, old goat quicker than I think. Or maybe I think people could wait to get to the top of the subway stairs before lighting their cigarettes. Cripes, maybe my standards are too high.

Wasn't this blog meant to be about art? Eh, art imitates life... or vice versa.

No comments: